Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Joy of Quotations...


Aaaah, quotations. I just love 'em. I collect them the way old women gather Hummels or kids collect Hot Wheels. I'm always on the lookout for a good quote. I even follow a couple of quotation sites on Twitter.

There's just something about the perfect quotation. It sings to me. Melodiously.

A really great quotation is nearly as delicious as a milk chocolate truffle. (Nearly.)

I tend to find many of my quotations at The Quote Garden. But the very best quotations are unexpected--a complete surprise. They pop up on someone else's Twitter, on Facebook, or, better, in a book one just happens to be reading at the time. They rather jump out at one, grabbing one's attention and practically demanding to be copied down in a quotation journal.

So here are some newbies to my collection. I hope that you enjoy them as much as I do....

"In teaching you cannot see the fruit of a day's work. It is invisible and remains so, maybe for twenty years."
~Jacques Barzun

"The dream begins with a teacher who believes in you, who tugs and pushes and leads you to the next plateau, sometimes poking you with a sharp stick called 'truth.'"
~Dan Rather

"A teacher affects eternity; he[/she] can never tell where his[/her] influence stops."
~Henry Brooks Adams
As this week we try to smooth our way into the groove of homeschooling for our 13th year, these quotations inspire me to keep on keepin' on, despite the frustrations that arise on a daily basis.

On the journey,

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin