Sunday, June 19, 2016

The Fourth Week After Trinity and Quote of the Week

David Tennant as Hamlet on a Royal Mail stamp to honor the 50th anniversary of the RSC (Royal Shakespeare Company) in Stratford-on-Avon (Shakespeare's "hometown")

As we continue through Ordinary Time, I thought I would take the time each week to post the new Collect from the Book of Common Prayer 2011 along with the Sunday readings. In addition, I'll include the new Quotation of the Week.

Every week I change these two elements in the sidebar, but I was thinking that I would return to my old habit of posting them each Sunday here in the blog itself.

I plan to be posting a ton more in the blog once I finish this wacky school year. I'm still plugging away on the Literary Analysis: Hamlet class at Brave Writer; in fact, we have passed 1300 posts for this class, almost all of which I have either written or have responded to thought-by-thought.  And then I have to grade the MLA Research Essays for my co-op Expository Essay course at Heritage Christian School's co-op Class Days at East County 2. With final grades for homeschooling during the second semester of the 2016-2016 school year due this Friday, June 24, I have to get those MLA essays graded and returned to my students plus complete B's report card as well. Once Hamlet and homeschooling (Class Days and our own schooling) are done, I'll have time to write, read, and blog. And sleeeeeeep. Oh, how I neeeeeed sleeeeeeeep right now with my average bedtime at 3:00 AM.

I have so many things to share with you all: finishing my final Class Day course, visiting the First Folio exhibit at the San Diego Public Library as part of Shakespeare 400, seeing Alice Through the Looking Glass, Julie's (founder and owner of Brave Writer) interview this week with Peter Elbow, and so much more. So once I'm done being a teacher (until July 5 when my Fan Fiction course at Brave Writer begins--it's full and closed already!), I'll get to all of these wonderful things.

In the meantime, with my brain thoroughly Hamletted (yes, it's a word, says me!), I'll share the Collect and Quotation for this week....

FOURTH SUNDAY AFTER TRINITY
THE COLLECT:
O GOD, the protector of all who trust in you, without whom nothing is strong, nothing is holy; Increase and multiply your mercy upon us, so that with you as our ruler and guide, we may pass through all that is temporal and not lose the eternal; Grant this, heavenly Father, for Jesus Christ's sake, who with you and the Holy Spirit lives and rules, one God, forever and ever. Amen. (References: Ecclesiastes 11.3; Matthew 6.21; Hebrews 6.18-20)

THE READINGS:
Romans 8.18-23; Luke 6.36-42; Psalm 27.1-7; Psalm 9.9-12; Sirach 27.4-7

And the Quotation of the Week, taken from my Quotation Journal which I've been keeping for 15 years this summer....

"The Christian life is one of incarnate spiritual pluck."
~Oswald Chambers, My Utmost for His Highest, May 20

Wishing you all a blessed Sabbath and a wonderful week ahead! I'll be hanging out with Hamlet for the first part of the week, and then I'll be tackling those lofty and long MLA Research Essays, so I'll be quite occupied....

Soli Deo Gloria,


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin